Saturday, July 2, 2011

Can I Do It?

I have been pretty unmotivated to lose weight. I want to lose the weight, I just haven't been eating right or working out in order to actually do it. We leave for Zach's family reunion on the 25th. Three weeks. How much can I lose in that time? Can I buckle down and actually lose 6? The diet and exercise begins tomorrow. Ok, so actually on Monday, but it Fast Sunday is "dieting" right? Hahaha. I'm doing meal replacement bars and shakes for two meals, two light snacks and a "sensible" dinner for my diet. I'm going to allow myself milk at dinner, but other than that it's water. No pop, juice, or chocolate milk. (I usually mix a big glass to go with my pb&j for lunch every day.) I'm going to go walk/running in the mornings at the track so Austin can do whatever he wants without slowing me down. Possibly try to fit in another kind of workout later in the day without kids. That is, when Zach is not on call and our schedule permits. So the questions are: Do you think I can do it? How dedicated to you think Miss Slacker Junk Food Addict will be? How much do you think I'll lose, if any? And who wants to work out with me and be my motivator buddy?

3 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

You can totally do it. Get an app for your phone to track calories. You should try the week free trial over in the Moscow gym and take a couple classes. (Spin, cardio, weights) They have kidcare, so you know the kids will be safe and there will be TONS of people there for motivation. Like me!

NicKim Family said...

I feel just like you do...I want to loose a couple pounds, thin up a bit, but I'm really not motivated as my day goes on. Hmmm...talk to me when I get home, maybe we can help each other?

Trista said...

I'm a little late chiming in, but wanted to first commend you for wanting to make a change...that's what gets tough for me. Like, I KNOW I should workout, but that's about as far as I get some days.

And I second the gym thing--because of the childcare and the classes, it is awesome. I am really a better mom because of it.

Good luck, it's definitely an uphill battle!