Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Confessions of a Skinny Girl

CAUTION: This post talks about weight, specifically mine, with real numbers.


Let's be honest. I've never really been what you would call fat. I did reach 130 in college, which I feel, for my height and frame, is a bit much. Still, in my jeans and hoodies I really don't think I looked "fat." When I started dating Zach I lost weight without trying. I ended up in the 115-118 range and stayed firmly there until I got pregnant with Austin. Two kids later and I'm not there anymore. It's been over 4 years since I saw those numbers. Now that I'm done having children I have faced the reality that if I want to be skinny and in shape it is up to me. I set a weight goal and began dieting and exercising (thanks Kim!) in order to reach my goal. I'll be honest, it's not much to lose. Only 6-8 pounds. (6 for my happy to maintain, and 8 for my really happy to maintain. Ok, ok and truth be told, 11 for my ultimate weight dream) I have lost 3.5 so far. Halfway to my "first" goal. And to be honest, I'm a little sad. I feel like I should look better. I can't see any difference in my trouble area. But I have to remind myself 3 pounds really isn't that much. I would never be able to tell if anyone else lost only 3 pounds. And even though I will reach my weight goal soon I will not be at my fitness goal. As I work toward my fitness goal, the fat will be replaced with muscle, which will look better.

So, a note. I know many of you would be happy with my heaviest, former, or current weight and you think I should just shut up about my few measly pounds. I'm sorry. I'm just being honest. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything. Ok, you may commence hating me now.

5 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

I don't hate you. In fact, I completely understand what you are saying. I am about 5 pounds from my all time happiest weight. Will I get there, honestly, probably not. I have decided to take all 160 pounds of me and turn it into rock solid muscle. I am not a petite girl and I've come to accept that. Keep working, but don't be so hard on yourself, you do look really good. I am sure you just know what you have been eating so you don't feel good.

We can go biking, running, swimming or lifting weights anytime. I am here for you.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Awesome that you are well on your way. I can totally relate with not getting rid of your Trouble area, cause I think I'm forever doomed to have this flabby tummy. Okay I know I just had a child 6 weeks ago, but I never got rid of it after Kherrington and I'm a little worried about getting it off after all the kids. Can't wait for you to hit your goal!!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! I love that you can be honset about it. I don't even want to think about it...yet.
And don't tell me it has only been a month so I should have to thnk about it yet.
you are great and a real inspiriation for me.

Boyd Box said...

Too often people think that only a certain type of person can have goals. Everyone should have goals and if your goal is to lose even this "little bit" of weight. I think everyone needs to decide on their best of THEM, not of everyone or anyone else.
Go you and I'm rooting for you!!

Tanya Smith said...

I am honestly happy for you that you are so close to your goal, but this post kind of made me throw up a little. I have a whopping 70 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-kid weight. That's SEVEN ZERO, seventy pounds. You are right, though, nobody else can lose the weight for us. Gotta do the work. Sigh...