Friday, October 3, 2008

Such a Big Boy

I am so amazed at how quickly Austin picks up on things. He just picked up a new sign (sock) so here's some of what he can do:
Make sounds for:
Lion
Snake
Dog
Cow
Sign:
(wave)
Thank you/ blow kisses
more
please
shoe
sock
Say:
Boo (for our cat Boomer and playing Peek a boo)
Dada
this
yes
ball
shoe
and he's really good at imitating things we say, so he can repeat words but doesn't use them regularly like Micah, Hannah, Jake,(once each on the names) go, no and others

He's a proficient walker, goes up and down stairs, has started running, loves to play chase, read books, play with Dakota and pester the daylights out of Boomer by throwing things at him (He plays fetch with Dakota) and about a billion other things. It seems he learns something new every day. It's so fun to watch. His latest thing is to "woof" every time he hears a dog bark. Ok, I'll get back to watching my kid. I was just so excited about him signing sock I had to share.

3 comments:

Jen said...

i cant believe he can talk that much! Thats so awesome! ps i wrote back to your comment on my comments

The Yancey Family said...

He is a big boy! I always have to remind myself that he is only 1. I always think he is older than he really is. He really does talk and communicate more than the average 1 year old boy. Good Job Austin!

Matt said...

He's even learning to sign?! Holy smokes. Be sure to leave room on the fireplace mantle for future Nobel prizes. (I'm sure they're coming.)