Monday, October 20, 2008

Bad Ol' Puddy Tat

So a couple weeks ago, I heard cat fighting. The first since we had moved (there was a bully cat at our old place that picked on Boomer at 2 am.) So I opened the door, and saw Boom high tailing it for the door, and the offending cat chasing him. I whooped and hollered (my southern heritage) at him and got him to back off my porch. He then stood there defiantly glaring at me. I was within two feet of him and he wasn't budging. Since I still had my pj pants on, and I know how much cat scratches hurt, I wasn't walking into a crazy cat to live through a cartoon experience. I turned and went inside with my own cat.

Today I heard round two. I opened the door to see an actual fight going on. At the sound of my voice Boomer took off and the other cat followed. I did too, more slowly, and picked up a couple rocks on my way. I tossed the first one and Boomer jumped back a couple feet, but stood wary watching the other cat. I tossed another rock and it hit the ground right by it's feet. Nothing. Then I tossed the third and it hit the cat in the shoulder. It flinched (barely) but just slowly walked away glaring the whole time. What a mean cat!!!

3 comments:

The Yancey Family said...

When Brett was on his mission, he threw a rock at a cat all the way across the church grounds, just trying to scare it off, but it hit the cat right on the head and it dropped dead instantly! From then on, he was known as the Catkiller!

NicKim Family said...

Wow...what a tough cat! If you threw a rock at me I'd run!

Unknown said...

Yuck. I love cats, but I hate the sound of cat fights. It makes my stomach curl.