Last night I was pushing it and I knew it. I stayed up til midnight reading. My alarm is set for 6, but I pushed it back to 7. At 12:30 Austin woke up crying. All of a sudden. Really hard. And Loud. Luckily Zach was still up, so I let him get it. Then I heard him talking to Austin in a very comforting voice and saying things like, "lean over" and "It's ok." It could only mean one thing. Austin was wigguming. (A friend of mine has an aversion to the work puke so we came up with wiggum. I don't get to use wiggum enough. But that's ok by me.) So I get up and head into his room to see where I need to clean. My foot found it first. Right as Zach told me not to go in or I would step in it. Austin puked right inside the doorway. I cleaned on that as Zach helped Austin wiggum in the toilet. Round one done. We were just finishing getting everything cleaned up, I was changing Austin's pj's, and Austin was kindof looking like he had more to go. He was aimed right at me since he had footie pajamas on. I was of course freaking out. I'm sitting, he's standing. If he goes, it's gonna be right in the face. I aimed him at the toilet but he freaked out about his pj's being stuck on his feet. I got him undressed before he puked again, in the toilet luckily. I had to get the heck out of the bathroom fast before I joined him though. We decided to go get him some Sprite and saltines. Zach said he was going to go, but I told him I better so there wouldn't be two people puking when he got home. I won. Got back and we got Austin settled on some towels watching tv. After one more round of puking, I told Zach I would sleep in the living room with Austin and he could sleep in our room. Austin was up until 4:30. I finally got him to fall asleep on the couch, with me on the floor. (Opposite of the plan). 4:40 Sam wakes up. (He's been sleeping 8:30 to 6:30 mind you.) So I'm feeding him to get him back to bed when Austin (half) wakes up and starts kindof puking. Just little tiny amounts of Sprite. So I'm holding Sam in one arm, with the bottle propped under my chin, shoving the big orange puke bowl into Austin's lap with the other hand and telling him to puke in there, just expecting a real wiggum any second and not wanting it to get all over, despite the towels. He finally got the bowl in his lap so I sat back down with Sam. Austin gives about one more fake puke thing and lays down (more like he passed out) and immediately started snoring. I finally got to sleep about 5 and up at 7 again with Sam. Even if I didn't get any sleep, I at least got a good laugh when Austin passed out.
And let me just say I love my husband. He's amazing. I hope the kids learn quickly that when they're going to wiggum, wake up Dad, cause Mom can't hack it. I'll bat clean-up.
4 comments:
Oh my...what a night! Poor Adams family!
We had that happen last week at our house, it was poor Edwin though so he couldn't even tell us he was sick.
I hate sick bugs. I hope you are all feeling better soon.
love the bare naked ladies song! poor austin (and you).
ps how do you get sam sam to sleep that long?
I am so sorry. Sick kids are no fun. If you need anything, let me know.
Post a Comment