Some people spend money on things every day. Cigarettes, coffee, etc. When they add up how much they spend each day, over the course of a year, they realize how much they actually spend and it's quite surprising. Luckily, I don't have one of these habits (not that I don't waste money in other ways) but if I did, I'll tell you what it would be. I would have a new pair of socks for every single day. I like athletic socks. Hanes is my current brand. You know, the mid calf length white socks with the grey heel and toe? Yeah, I love 'em. And I would have a new pair every single day if I could. So one day I wondered what that would cost. I had just bought a new pack about a week before (just long enough to run out of brand new socks). Usually the come in packs of 6 pairs and run about $7. This pack had a bonus pair so it was 7 for 7. I see them on sale buy one get one free, so I could get (let's go with the standard 6 pair pack) 12 for 7. That's 58.3 cents per pair. With tax, let's just round it to 60. I could get 365 pairs of socks for just $219. Believe me, it would be worth it. Plus, I would donate all my used socks to charity. Some place for women. Or I could just walk around Seattle or Portland and give them to homeless people. I have not been able to get this off my mind since I first thought about it. If we reach our savings goal, I may just have to waste some money for an unforgettable year of ped pampering.
*Note: I would never actually do this because I would feel so stupid spending over $200 on socks for a year. Although.... I could do it for just one year and then be set with socks for a very long time. Hmmm......
So what would your indulgence be???
2 comments:
Aw, new socks! I love it!
That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. I love it!
Post a Comment