First of all, just let me say, it wasn't a bad movie. There were just some things that detracted from it in one way or another. Bella, for the most part, was not as much of a gushy girly girl as in the books, but she had her moments. Ok, it's bad enough when guys cheer when Star Wars begins, but I can handle that. The bazillion girls at the midnight showing screamed. And by screamed, I mean that "little girl at a Hannah Montana concert" scream. They screamed at the beginning, they screamed when Jacob Black came on screen, they tittered at this and that, and luckily, they were engrossed in the movie enough that by the time Edward showed up, I barely heard noise. Thank goodness. I was about to vomit. And the biggest detractor of the entire movie? (I say this easily because it happened the entire movie.) Robert Pattinson's (Edward) performance. He's supposed to be some smooth, suave guy that everyone wants. In reality he was a nerdy, "stumble over my words so I sound like Captain Kirk" guy. It never got better.I don't know whose decision it was for him to deliver his lines that way, but it was a bad one. So, yeah, I didn't like the movie. I didn't like the books either. All you Twilight fans are on your way to picket my house I'm sure, but hey, whatever. Oh yeah, and when he sparkled, he looked Stupid (with a capital S).
On a side note: When the celebrities had their premiere, the question "Bella" was asked most often, and I quote, "What's it like to like to kiss a vampire?" Uhh, vampires aren't real, and Robert certainly isn't really Edward. The closest you get to real vampires are people who think they are. You wanna find out what it's like to kiss one, go ahead. It will be like kissing a normal person, but you die at the end because they're psychotic.
Ok, enough ranting. I don't feel well, and my kid is running amok. But it had to be said.
6 comments:
Your comment about what's it like to kiss a vampire made me laugh. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that a lady's husband said "would you like me to suck on some ice so you know what it feels like to kiss a vampire?". You know, they're suppose to be cold... Anyways, just thought I'd share that.
I just saw it last night and I agree with you on a some of those things...I didn't think it wasn't bad, but it could have been better! You are so funny, I love it!
I think your closet Twilight fan. You are always bad mouthing the books, party and movie...yet you have read them all and attened the events. Hmmm...it's curious isn't it? Yes, I do think you are a hard core closet fan.
FYI, I think the movie flat out sucked!! But I didn't see it at the midnight showing. I saw a saturday afternoon show.
Haven't seen the movie. No desire to do so. Lost interest in the plot during the first book, but after much prodding, read (are there four?) all but the last. Again, I'm surprised at all the acclaim she has gotten, but that's what art is: hit while the pan is hot...and hit the right target (audience). I'll just leave it at this: not my style (although, I actually did enjoy reading Anne Rice's vampire stories when I was in highschool).
I totaly agree with you about the movie. It was lame. I only went because my single girlfriends invited me and I really needed a break!
I'm still contemplating whether or not to spend the time
(and $).
Post a Comment