Saturday, November 15, 2008

Southern Cross Humanitarian

You probably don't know this, but in December Zach and I are headed to Peru with his family. We are doing a humanitarian mission with Southern Cross Humanitarian. They are the ones that own the Sunflower Home, if you've heard of it. I have added a button, a link, and here are a couple little tidbits on how you can help their cause without spending a dime. (That's the kind of support I can afford!)




Here is How to Make a HUGE Difference with No Cost to You!

Register your Albertsons Preferred Customer card with Southern Cross Humanitarian as your charity. By doing so, Albertsons will donate 1-3% of all your purchases to Southern Cross. Each person who uses their Preferred card on a regular basis contributes an average of $100 a year to Southern Cross.
All you need to do is email your name, address, phone# & Preferred Card#, to Ken@sxhu.org or complete the registration form on our website on our "How Can I Help" page.
This is a great service opportunity for high school & church youth groups as well as a qualifying Eagle Scout project: register people in front of a local Albertsons store - for more information contact Ken@sxhu.org.



Do you shop at Amazon, Ebay or iTunes?(Apple, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Expedia, Half.comMacy's, Overstock.com, Target, Travelocity)Use GoodSearch Shop these and many other websites through GoodSearch/GoodShop and they'll donate a % of your purchase to Southern Cross! Remember to go to Goodsearch first and they will give us a percentage of your purchase.
Bookmarking and using GoodSearch, an internet search engine powered by Yahoo, is a great no cost way to help Southern Cross! Just enter Southern Cross Humanitarian for your donation in the messages field and you're ready to search.

Click here to try Goodsearch


We are so excited for this trip and the opportunity to reach out and help those in need. Not to mention all the cool things we will get to see: Machu Pichu, the Reed City, and lots more!

2 comments:

Tanya Smith said...

That is so cool. I shop at all those places so I will be sure to try it out. Hope you have a fun and safe trip!

The Yancey Family said...

Wow! We want to go! Who is watching Austin? What kind of aid are you going to do? So many questions, I expect answers next time I see you!