Monday, May 19, 2008

Crystal and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Well, I already wrote about one thing, the camera breaking. Here is the rest; Boomer, our cat, recently decided that he wants to mark his territory in our house. It has happened a couple times in the past week. We thought maybe it was due to moving, but I'm thinking otherwise. I discovered that he decided to let everyone know that the Love Sac is his territory. Luckily it was just the cover, which was immediately washed, so no permanent damage. (The other things were moving boxes luckily.) Now we love our cat, but we won't tolerate our house smelling like a litter box. We decided one more mistake and he's history. I'm afraid we might be pushing our luck and next time it will be something a lot harder to clean, but he's part of the family and it's gonna be hard to toss him out on his ear. If you know of anyone that needs a good mousing barn cat, let me know.

Secondly, (or thirdly counting the camera), Zach got elbowed last Monday night playing Ultimate. It wasn't a hard hit, but he noticed that it hurt more than normal. Well, after a week of moving, it's still not feeling better, and he's worrying it might be a cracked rib. He's going in tomorrow to get it checked out. Unfortunately, if that's the case, there's nothing they can do but say "Take it easy."

Lastly, we came home from grocery shopping and got ready for dinner. I put Austin in his high chair at the table to eat with us. As I was getting everything else ready, there was a loud crash, and Austin had pushed on the table hard enough to knock his chair over and he landed on the floor. He hit his head and I'm sure it really scared him. It took a few minutes to calm him down. The worst crash to date, including the face plant off the bed at Grandma's house.

So, all in all, not a great day at the Adams' house, but to quote the title of another children's book: (one of my favorites as a kid) It Could Be Worse.

3 comments:

BriAnne said...

Unfortunately, I find that with kids, these crazy days continue to occur more often. Lucky us, right?!

Anyway, my email address is brianne.huwe@gmail.com. I'll try and email you tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.....unless my sleeping Tanner starts to sense it, in which case I won't be, I'll be playing pat-a-cake and eating crackers instead.

Unknown said...

Dang. I hate no good very bad days. good thing kids are so resilient

Matt said...

That was one of my favoritest favorite books when I was a kid! I was laughing so hard in the beginning when he got gum stuck in his hair that I had to have my mom read it to me. (I was supposed to be reading out loud.)

I have a blog now too:
http://welcome-to-mattopia.blogspot.com/

It's a work in progress but it's there!