Thursday, June 2, 2011
Think There's Enough?
I am one of the Activity Day leaders. Our last activity of the year this year is also the Mother/Daughter Spa Night. I was asked to make mini muffins or cupcakes. I decided to do both. I made one batch of lemon poppy seed muffins, one batch of blueberry, and one yellow cake mix for cupcakes. Holy cow! A cake mix makes a TON of mini cupcakes. I decorated just over 2/3's after losing two to my 3 year old (he did give one to his brother) and leaving a few that didn't fit on the jelly roll pan that they started on. The baking of the muffins was super easy. Mix, bake, done! Cupcakes took a little longer since they were a bit more messy to fill and I had a couple trays worth, but only one tray. Also, once the muffins were cool, I put them in a tray for transportation and I was done. Not the cupcakes. Granted, I chose to decorate them. But I feel like I should since everyone knows I can. (I use can lightly.) I frosted all this morning after Sam went down at 9, then began cutting, dipping and sticking marshmallows. After the first dozen I realized that canned frosting does indeed stiffen. At least enough that it's difficult sticking things to it. I was done with another 6 when Sam woke up. I let him be entertained by Austin while I powered out the next 6. Halfway done. Woo hoo! At 1:00 nap (both boys, yay!) I scraped the remaining 24 cupcakes and refrosted as I went. I would snip and dip marshmallows, then frost 6 and add the "petals." I hadn't been done very long (at least not nearly long enough for a break) when Sam woke up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those look AMAZING! Will you teach me how to make the petal ones one day? The girls are going to love it!
Those look amazing. I don't even know what you mean by slit and dip. It looks like you used magic to make them.
You did way more then I would do. They look amazing. any left overs??
Those look delicious. If you ever feel like you want to make some for me, just do it. I read your other post. It would be hard to train, especially since you can't get out and ride in the moring because of meds. Next year. I might even do it with you. Might!
Adorable! So time consuming but they turned out great.
Holy Cow Crystal! Those look amazing! I don't think I would have been that talented nor that motivated. They look too pretty to eat! Especially after all that work you put into them.
Post a Comment