Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knight America

Austin was invited to a knight themed birthday party. I looked online and found a simple pillowcase costume. I was looking for a picture to put on his shield when he saw the round Captain America shield. He enthusiastically exclaimed "That's the one I want!" So we decided to make Knight America. Dad knew CA's original shield was more of the traditional shape so he made that while I made the tunic. I had seen a cool Captain America t-shirt idea that I used. I kept the star tilted just a bit for a bit of a jaunty feel. Not really, I just did it. Anyway, I think it turned out pretty well for a costume he'll probably only wear once. I even added a little loop to hold his sword.



2 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

So cute. I think he really likes it from the looks of the pictures, and that's what really matter. Good job Crystal!!

Maren and Blake said...

I love love love his costume. So creative. I would let him rescue me anytime.