Things have been busy at the Adams household (and wherever their travels have led). First of all, we were able to go to Lake Chelan for a couple days at the end of June with the whole Adams Family. All together (including one boyfriend) there were 11 of us. It was hot and sunny the first day we were there, then cooled off and got windy the next two. That was ok because several of us got sun burnt that first day.
Next was the 4th of July. We decided to forgo the city festivities as it was on Sunday and the little tyke was sick. Daddy had to work though, showing off the firetruck and ambulance to all the kids, young and old alike, that went to Sunnyside park. Since Austin was sick, he was a tad grumpy and we decided we had to get out of the house and visit Daddy for a few so Mom could reboot her sanity machine. She only got three quick pictures of her boys before the battery died. Bummer.
The next day I took Austin to the doctor and got him on amoxicillan for a sinus infection. He got back to being his crazy self just in time for Grandma's visit. She came on Wednesday, stayed until Saturday and then Austin and I went with her back to her house. On Monday the three of us, plus Grandpa, headed to Seaside for a couple days.Austin sustained quite a few injuries in the week we spent with the Grandparents. First of all, he was running on the path above our house and tripped and fell, skinning both knees and hands. Then, he tripped over my foot while we were at the beach. He caught himself, but his momentum carried him on over and his head hit the sidewalk hard enough that it made a rather loud noise and he got a nice little goose egg. The next day we were down on the beach and Austin and I went to rinse our hands in the ocean. I was a step ahead of him and had just looked back to make sure he was OK with the little wave coming in. Right after I turned back around he stepped back and fell down. I heard my mom yell (she was way back in the sandy area) and I turned around to see him rolling over to try to get up. I was going to just let him do it, but about that time a second, bigger wave rolled in and was half covering him. His mouth was open and it was going in his mouth and up his nose, the poor guy. I scooped him up and he was completely drenched so I became half drenched.
Later that night, I gave him a bath, then decided to take a nice long relaxing bath myself. (It was a jacuzzi tub, so it was deeper than normal. Yay!) I had just gotten out and dressed when he started screaming. My mom was closing the door and told him to step back so she wouldn't pinch his toes in the door. While she made sure his feet were clear, she failed to notice his hand was not. He had a nice deep purple dent across the back of his hand. No one knows how he had his hand in there at that angle, or even how he had it in there after he had stepped back. Poor mom was beside herself, she felt so awful. Austin and I just sat in a chair with his hand resting on my gigantic tummy while I held a wet washcloth with ice on his hand for at least 10 minutes. By the end there were two small red dots, but that was it. After much consoling and showing of the hand, my mom was OK too.
I must say that baby brother has provided a nice bench for Austin whenever he gets injured. And even before his birth, he has been "sat on" many times.
Despite the injuries, Austin seems to have enjoyed himself, enjoyed sucking up to Grandma for new toys, and even got used to Uncle Jason and his facial hair.
So, we came back from the beach on Wednesday, headed back to Pullman Thursday. On Friday, Mom left at 4:30 in the morning, and Zach left at noon for his training in North Bend. He got home late Sunday night and our friends arrived Monday evening for a short visit. While they were here we went to Klemgard Park, swimming, and to Silverwood.
Here are the pictures in no particular order because I hate the Blogger Dashboard. It is such a pain to get pictures moved around in your post unless you post each picture in the correct spot as you go.
Austin touching a starfish at Seaside Aquarium. I can't believe I actually got him to touch it! He only did it once though.
Concentrating on riding a motorcycle at the arcade.
Roo and Grandpa playing Skee Ball.
Showing off his life jacket at Lake Chelan.
"Fighter Fighter" Daddy showing Austin the truck.
He thought the crabs were cool for a split second.
Drenched kid and half drenched Mom.
Daddy giving Austin a ride at Klemgard.
The Popes getting drenched at Silverwood.
Calyx and Austin riding the planes.
Daddy and Austin enjoying Silverwood.
Handprints on the beach.
Daddy getting ready for training. The boys in their "matching" boots.
Trying to fill Daddy's shoes.
Grandpa teaching Austin how to fish with his new fishing pole at Lake Chelan.
1 comment:
Yeah! A blog update! Way cute pictures. You guys have been busy. Can't wait to get together soon. Only 10 more days!
Post a Comment