Monday, June 7, 2010

Sugar, How I Love/Hate Thee

Today was my 27 week check up. Time for the glucose test. Yum. For some reason I have just felt like I was going to have gestational diabetes when I took this test. Sure enough, I did. And not just barely either. My number was sky high. She asked if I had accidentally eaten something during the test. No, actually, I had faster longer than the normal time. We decided to just skip the 3 hour test and go straight to the diet, exercise, and monitoring portion. I have an hour and a half appointment with the dietitian tomorrow, a half hour appointment with the diabetes specialist on Wednesday, and then I get to start monitoring my glucose four times a day. I am so excited. Let's just hope I don't have to start doing insulin shots. Yuck. At least I don't have a problem with needles. If I have to start insulin, I might develop one though. So, which hand should I start pricking fingers on? I'm thinking left...

3 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

My poor Crystal. So sorry. I am sure everything is going to be fine. Big fat bummer. Let me know if you need anything!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

SOrry Crystal!! I suggest using them all, cause they're all going to be tender sooner or later, and then you spread out the chance for callouses. I'd love an update on what they suggest for a diet, just for the education purposes. Good Luck!!

NicKim Family said...

oh man!! I am so sorry Crystal!! What a bummer!!