Friday, November 30, 2012

No Shave November

First of all, let me say that I think No Shave November/Movember is stupid. not the cause mind you, but the idea of not shaving for prostate cancer awareness. How many guys use the excuse to just not shave for a month or so? What does them growing facial hair actually do for prostate cancer? Nothing unless they use it to raise funds by paying a fee to grow it. (WSU vet school comes to mind) or donating say a dollar every time someone comments on said facial hair. So No Shave November is just some excuse to grow a beard and not have your girl demand you shave.


That being said, I decided to give No Shave November a shot this year. Not to raise awareness or money, just to see if I could do it. Actually, I knew I could, I'm not a very hairy person. So I guess it was a more grotesque reason, to see how long my leg hair would get in a month. The whole reason I decided to do it is as I stepped into the shower on Nov 1st I realized I had shaved the day before so it happened to be perfect timing. Well, I failed to take a before shot since it was on a whim. I was going to take one after I shaved Dec 1st, but I think that's unnecessary and you'll see why (and probably agree with me). So without further ado, here are a couple pictures. Caution: the last one may be a bit disgusting.


If you look really really closely, you can see the hair on my leg. In front of my hand.
 
I had no idea taking pictures of your own legs was so difficult.
 
Oh, and in the interest of TMI, I attempted with my underarms too. My goal was 10 days because that's how long we'll be in Peru should I not be able to find a razor for some reason. I made it and shaved on day 11. That one was harder.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so funny. Maybe I'll join you next November :)