Sunday, November 20, 2011

Badge Pinning

 Zach has been a reserve firefighter for two years now. They finally had an award ceremony where he was pinned (received his badge from joining) and received his black helmet (two years of service). Austin got to pin Dad. (I had Bubba and the camera.) I didn't get any pictures of him getting the black helmet. But here are others.
 Austin pinning Dad.

 Getting a little help from Dad.

  Blogger is being difficult, so two up is right after the pinning. Austin loved it so much. And then the family shot after the ceremony. As we were walking out to our car, we asked Austin if he had fun. "Yeah, when can we do it again Dad?!" 

I'm so proud of Zach. As soon as he passed the test to join the department, I knew this was it. I have been so excited for him as he falls more and more in love with his career. He will start EMT classes soon, then on to paramedic school. I never would have thought of him as being the fire fighter/EMS type, but now that he is, I can't picture anything else.

1 comment:

BJ Barnes said...

That's quite an accomplishment, Zach! How fun that Austin got to pin his dad! :) Being a fireman is such an honorable career! :)