Little Sammy Jay decided he didn't want to wait until Monday to arrive, so he made his move first thing Saturday morning. As in 12:30 am. I woke Zach to let him know we needed to head to the hospital. Let me tell you, was he surprised. It was quite comical really. I wish I had his "What?!" recorded. Grandpa Scott came to stay with Austin, and off we went. We got to the hospital and I was able to enjoy labor for a couple hours until "The Team" arrived and put me out of my misery. Wes the Anasthesiologist is my hero. The contractions were completely different with Sam and the fact that I knew a C-section was coming probably made me less willing to cope with them. Upon delivery we found out that Sammy wanted to see the world around him and not some boring floor of a hospital, so he was waiting face up. This probably explains my painful contractions. Sam was born at 3:27 am on Saturday, August 28th. 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. Nearly identical to big brother Austin.
Speaking of Austin, he wasn't too sure about the whole thing at first. I think it was the fact that he woke up and his whole world was different. Grandpa was there, then he went to see Mom and Dad in the hospital. Mom was not looking her stellar self. No make up, hair a mess. Oh wait, that's normal. The gown was different though. Not my usual tee/sweat shirt look. He didn't really want anything to do with me or Sammy, but that was ok. He warmed up to me enough that he came and sat on my bed for about 15 second by the time we left the hospital. Now he is a great big brother, loves Sammy and loves helping out. He calls Sam either Baby Brother or Baby Sammy. In fact, when I was changing Sam after his circumcision yesterday, I was explaining it to Austin. Sam was crying and Austin was visibly upset by what he was seeing. He wanted to help Sammy and was looking for a binky. He ended up yelling in a panicked voice, "He needs his binky!!!" It was pretty funny, and sweet.
For some reason the editor is being weird. The last picture, without a caption, is my favorite picture so far.
 |
One of the pictures from the hospital.
|
6 comments:
Congrats guys! I love the picture with Austin and Sam laying on the floor. I hope you are recovering and all is well!
We already love baby Sam! He is darling. I have to say Austin is a wonderful big brother!
CONGRATULATIONs!!! He's beautiful!
So adorable to see them there together. Hope youa re feeling better and recover fast!!
Beautiful baby! Enjoy it while they are little!
I must say, I love that last picture too. He's adorable. Cute boys, Crystal.
Post a Comment