Monday, March 15, 2010

I can sew! I can sew!

Normally my sewing ventures are less than successful, and I'm ok with that. It's not something that I'm crazy about. In fact, anytime I take on a sewing project, I rather dread it before I even start. My friend Kim made this adorable bunny for our service exchange on Saturday, and was hosting a group to make them or other similar dolls today. I decided what the heck, and off to JoAnn's I trotted. I picked a brown flannel for the head and appendages so it would (hopefully) be cuddly soft. Found a cute pink print for the body and dress, matching pre-made bows (my kind of bow making!) and viola! Below you see the results of my efforts today. It was really easy to make and I didn't even get sick of it before I finished (a normal thing for my sewing projects.) And yes, I embroidered the face all by myself (after Kim showed me how) as well! I am so pleased with myself I just had to share. Oh and the pattern for this bunny and other animals and dolls can be found here.

5 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh my goodness - look at her!!! I love her!!! She is adorable! Oh, and the reason that I don't mind making these patterns is because I can finish them before I get too sick of them! Once I get bored of a project it gets shelved for months or forever...depending on the project. Anyhow she is super cute, you did a great job and I'm so glad you came!!!

Janel said...

That is so cute! Good job! I love it!

Kate Clayton said...

Awesome job Crystal!

Boyd Box said...

This is so cute!! Thanks for giving me the idea for presents for Emily to give to her friends this year!!

Jillyn said...

Oh that's adorable! Going to have to make a bunch of these!

I might need to share a REALLY cute hedgehog pattern with you that uses a wash mitt from the dollar store. It was easy and turned out so cute! (and my niece loves it!).