Saturday, February 13, 2010

Two Quickies

First: A Special Treat Just For Me

I had to pick up a few things so I headed to Wal Mart this morning. I noticed a tiny chunk kof rainbow in the sky. I have aweome Maui Jim polarized sunglasses (thanks for helping me see the light so many years ago Holly.) so often when I see things I take off my sunglasses to see if it's still there. Today, it wasn't. And I know it was really there because it stayed in the same spot even as my car changed direction, so sometimes the rainbow was on my left, or right, or straight in front of me. I felt really special, like I was the only person in the whole world that could see this little rainbow, and it was just there for me. Great way to start your day.


Second: Musical Memories

On the way home, Austin wasn't in favor of what was on the radio. Luckily for me, the Barenaked Ladies song "Pinch Me"was on, so me being Boss, I stopped it there and started signing along. Pretty soon Rooney was telling me, "No Mommy like this song! Just Rooney like it forever!" Meaning I couldn't like the song, because he had liked it forever. Sorry Honey, I've been listening to Barenaked Ladies since the Seattle YSA Dance days. (Yet another Holly memory, buying a new cd and listening to the whole thing in the car on the way to a veritable plethora of places.) "I could hide out under there. / I just made you say underwear." I think I'll go listen to that cd right now!

2 comments:

Matt said...

The "underwear" line is one of my favorite song lyrics of all time. I like that song forever, too.

Unknown said...

love the YSA dance days.

Do you remember the punk concert we went to with Grant is Seattle? I found the black shirts we got the other day.