Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big Boy Bed

A couple weeks ago we moved Rooney into a big toddler bed. There was minimal crying and fussing. He did get out of bed a couple times and cry under the door. I'm assuming that was to make sure we could hear how horrible his current conditions were. Now, when it's bed time, he hops right in and we tuck him in and leave. No fuss, no muss. He does still get up and talk under the door when he wakes up though. Wonder when he'll grow out of that one?


This first picture is why we decided to move him to a toddler bed. Up until this point he had never tried to climb out. I'm not sure what this was, besides funny. I heard him calling when he woke up from nap, and it was an urgent "Mom, I need your attention" kind of thing. He was telling me he was stuck. I laughed, left him there and went to grab the camera.






This next picture is for Great Grandma Adams. She made this quilt before he was born. Since we didn't know if he was a boy or girl, she embroidered this quilt with both boy and girl squares. It is beautiful. It has been hanging on his wall since we got it (before he was born), and when the chilly weather arrived this last week, it came down and went on his bed. I'm just nervous for those inevitable accidents down the road. It may have to be put away for a little while.



This one was just cute. A little closer and a nice smile.

3 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Yeah for the big boy bed! Sounds like it's going great!

Matt said...

I started laughing when you said you went to get the camera before you rescued him. Sounds like something BriAnne would do.

Unknown said...

too cute. What a big boy!