Thursday, February 19, 2009

This and That

I just came from our fabulous enrichment meeting. It was a service auction and sooo much fun. Thank you to our wonderful Enrichment Committee for all their hard work, thank you to our happy and fun auctioneer Scott Goates, and thanks to everyone who brought stuff. (I'm not in charge in anyway or anything like that, I just wanted to say thanks) I always love to see what people bring. I won a set of file folder games. I'm so glad they auctioned all four together. I love them. I really had my eye on Bekie's Famous Cinnamon Rolls, and had they auctioned those first, I would have rolls and no games. But it's ok. Bekie and I cut a very sweet deal (pun completely intended.) I'm getting myself some rolls anyway. But since I didn't get any tonight, I came home with a big sweet tooth. Luckily we have some ice cream. Cookie dough with some chocolate syrup on top. Mmmmm. Oh, and a big thank you to Kate for picking us up, dropping my kid off, picking my kid up, and dropping us off at home. What a great friend and complete sweetie!

On a completely different note, I've been tagged about a million more times on the 25 things. You know, as soon as you finish your list and walk away, you think of a few more things that (you think) are better than some you posted. Well, I did that too, have forgotten most I've come up with, and created a few more. So, I'll post a few thoughts. I may add to this over the next few days, I dunno. Just depends on how my brain works.

1. I'm a shift finger lingerer. I always type things like ANyway, ANd or things like that. ANyway actually works for me though, because I often say it like that.

2. I used to be able to type without looking at the keyboard, but I'm so out of practise I look now. I can still type without looking, just not as well, and I always find myself looking.

3. I have to be able to see what I'm eating. I just realized that I think this only applies to when I use a dish and utensil. I can eat popcorn and candy at the theater without lights. At home, if I'm eating ice cream and watching tv, there has to be a light on somewhere so I can see my food. I don't really look at it, I just have to be able to if I want.

4. After eating ice cream, I crave pop. Not water, not juice, pop. (Soda for you Easterners).

5. I never used to read those verification "words" (You know, the letters and numbers you have to type in to prove you're not a robot.) until Stacey Rippy said in a blog that she does read them, now I can't help it. Curse you Stacey!!!!

That's all I can think of right now. I know there were others. If they come back to me, I'll let ya know. (I have come backl twice in the past five minutes and added two more. This list may get very long.)

4 comments:

Boyd Box said...

You're hilarious! I say "ANyway", too. =) You made a good point on my blog about 48 m. Someone obviously can't get past viewing their child as an infant and forces that view through the labeling. hahah

Unknown said...

Now you've got me craving cinnamon rolls. Ice cream too.

We are having our ward service auction next week, thanks for the ideas on stuff to bring.

Kate Clayton said...

I had so much fun at the auction too! Max and I love spending time with you and Austin.

Unknown said...

PS We hard our ward service auction. i have never had more fun at a relief society activity. And I made cinnamon scones (didn't have yeast for rolls) but hit the spot.